Meet Cass County Child Advocates Staff
Mystine is the Director of Cass County Child Advocates. She was previously the Volunteer Coordinator of CCCA for 2 years before becoming the Director in October of 2015. She believes in the mission CASA has for the children in our communities all over Indiana and that it's the children who need us the most. Contact at [email protected],us
Amber is our Program Coordinator. She started with us in May 2018, although she is new here, she has an array of experience along with recently receiving her Bachelor's in Psychology from Trine University. She helps with recruiting and training along with advocating for the children we serve. Contact [email protected],cass.in.us
Ashley is our Volunteer Coordinator. She's been with our program since August 2016 and is great asset to our program. She has her Associates degree from Ivy Tech. She helps to maintain our volunteers, and works in depth with many of our families in need. Contact at [email protected],cass.in.us
History of CASA
David Soukup from
Seattle, Washington began the first CASA program in his own community in 1977
- Indiana has
Second Largest CASA community, recently increasing to 79 programs
- Cass County Child Advocates was started
in Cass County in 2008 under Judge Burns and Program Director Stephanie Winkel
Cass County Child Advocates was formerly called the Cass Circuit Court Child
Advocate Team Program and was established in 2006 under Judge Julian Ridlen
CASA Strategic Objectives
- Every court in the United States recognizes that a CASA/GAL volunteer is essential for a successful outcome for children.
- Our volunteer base reflects the diversity and cultural makeup of children in the system.
- Every potential donor understands the importance of our mission and places it at the top of their priority list.
- Every government official at the local, state, tribal, and federal level understand the far-reaching results a CASA/GAL volunteer can achieve, and places our work at the top of their agenda.
- Every child can thrive in the safe embrace of a loving family.