CASA/GAL of Cass County, Indiana
Mystine is the Director of Cass County Child Advocates. She was previously the Volunteer Coordinator of CCCA for 2 years before becoming the Director.She believes in the mission CASA has for the children in our communities all over Indiana and that it's the children who need us the most.
Bethani is our Program Coordinator. She started with us in October 2016, although she is new here, she has an array of experience within the Criminal Justice field, and an A.S. in that field as well. She helps with recruiting and training along with carrying her own case load and advocating for the children we serve.
Ashley is our Volunteer Coordinator. She's been volunteering with CASA for over 6 months and is great asset to our program. She helps to maintain our volunteers, and works in depth with many of our families in need.
History of CASA
David Soukup from
Seattle, Washington began the first CASA program in his own community in 1977
- Indiana has
Second Largest CASA community, recently increasing to 79 programs
- Cass County Child Advocates was started
in Cass County in 2008 under Judge Burns and Program Director Stephanie Winkel
Cass County Child Advocates was formerly called the Cass Circuit Court Child
Advocate Team Program and was established in 2006 under Judge Julian Ridlen
CASA Strategic Objectives
- Every court in the US recognizes that a CASA/GAL volunteer is essential for a successful outcome for children.
- Our volunteer base reflects the diversity and cultural makeup of children in the system.
- Every potential donor understands the importance of our mission and places it at the top of their priority list.
- Every government official at the local, state, tribal, and federal level understand the far-reaching results a CASA/GAL volunteer can achieve, and places our work at the top of their agenda.
- Every child can thrive in the safe embrace of a loving family.